I was wondering:
How to design a moment, a memory, without making a detailed illustration? So how to design a sign, a logo for a story?
I picked my favorite conversation starter “What was the moment that changed your life?” to work on.
1. What was it? A conversation with a French anarchist (in his late 60’s) in Burgundy during Wine Harvesting. He helped me understand how to enjoy the moments in life. September 2014
2. So a drew the things that are associated with the memory.
3. I put them all together.
4. I simpiflied the shapes.
5. So how to make a symbol of the fraze “It’s a beautiful day to die”? It was his motto tooked the well known Sioux warrior Crasy Horse who shouting “Hoka hey!” while going to war.
6. I searched for the symbols of Native Americans and I found this.
7. And I took the SUN/happiness from it.
8. I drew it in Illustrator. 9. And I adjusted it a bit.
10. Still to much details.
So that happens when it’s to hot to sleep at night.